Disable Avast Antivirus – Sometimes when you are trying to install a software program, such as a driver, video program security software or some other important application, you might fail to do so because of Avast Antivirus software. Thereby, you can try disabling Avast Antivirus temporarily or permanently to pause some of its shields depending on your choice.
What Are the Steps to Disable Avast Antivirus?
Steps to Disable Avast Antivirus Completely – My.Avast.com
You can turn off Avast shields completely. However, by doing this, it will disable all Avast Antivirus protection. You can follow these steps to turn off or disable Avast Antivirus completely:
- Go to Avast orange icon in the taskbar.
- Right click to it.
- Select the option Avast shields control.
- A list of options will appear- 1) Disable for 10 minutes 2) Disable for 1 hour 3) And, Disable until computer is restarted 4) Disable permanently. Choose the one you want.
- Avast will ask for confirmation and warn you about malware attack if all shields are disabled. Click Yes if you are sure. Click No if you have changed your mind.
- If clicked Yes, all Avast Shields are disabled now. You can check by clicking to Status. You will see All antivirus shields are off dialogue.
- To turn it on, you can click Resolve and the dialogue will change to You’re protected.
Steps to Disable Avast Antivirus Temporarily – My.Avast.com
Instead of turning off all Avast shields, you can choose to temporarily turn off Avast or pause any specific shield for some time.
You can use the following steps to disable Avast temporarily:
- Open Avast User Interface.
- Go to Protection>Core Shields. It will open up the list of Avast Shields (File System Field, Behaviour Shield, Mail Shield, Web Shield) active on your device.
- Select the shield you want to disable. Then, click on its switcher.
- Choose the one you want from the options- 1) Stop for 10 mins 2) Stop for 1 hour 3) And, Stop until your next restart 4) Stop indefinitely
- The shield is disabled now. You can go to the Status page, and see the dialogue Shield is now off for the one you have disabled.
- To re-enable it, you can simply click to Turn on the button and it will show the dialogue You’re protected.
Note: All the steps are applicable to all Avast Antivirus products, Avast Free Antivirus, Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier. Also, these steps are applicable to mac, Windows 10, Window 7, Window 8, Windows 8.1, Window XP, Windows Vista.
Frequently Asked Question – My.Avast.com
- How to close Avast completely?
- How to turn off Avast temporarily?
- What are the steps to enable Avast antivirus?
- How to disable Avast firewall 2018?
- How do I disable my antivirus on Window 7?
- Steps to turn off Avast free antivirus on Windows 10?
- How do I disable my antivirus?
- How to remove Avast Antivirus from Windows 10?
- Steps to disable Avast secure browser?
- How to temporarily disable Avast?
I hope you found this article helpful and you were able to turn off Avast Antivirus or Avast Shields. However, we do not recommend you to Disable Avast Antivirus completely.
Besides that, if you face any issue, you can feel free to contact us through email or phone number. Also, you can choose to connect with Avast Customer Support. You can go to my.avast.com for more information. #Avast Login #activation.kaspersky.com